Music, Society, Philosophy, Technology, Design, Art, Film and Coffee
• I play a TM Custom tenor saxophone designed by Randy Jones at Tenor Madness This horn is really special to me and I can't say enough great things about Randy.
• I studied with Greg Banaszak and Bob Reynolds I learned so much from these two guys.
• I manage Guitar Center in West Des Moines. My fourteen-year-old-self can't believe that I work at a music store.
• I was a member of Corey Taylor’s Junk Beer Kidnap Band in 2009. Yes, it was really cool.
• I taught at Muskingum College, Ohio University-Zanesville, Kent State, Hiram College, Cincinnati School for the Creative and Performing Arts, College of Mount St. Joseph, South-Western Community College and Central College between the years of 1997 to 2008. It was a very special time in my life. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to teach.
In this week’s issue of Juice, there is a full page article about Cleo’s Apartment:
"…starting as a more improvisational, electronica-focused group consisting of just [Mike] Huss and DJ Jeff Blanchard. Adding [vocalist Crystal] Fields meant the group’s songs became more structured…Rapper Aeon Grey and saxophonist Tommy Doggett collaborated on the album…”
"The recording process was fun. We pretty much threw any kind of tech we had in the room at the same time,” Huss said. ”Digital things, analog things, whatever media we could use to texture and edit sounds.”
If you’re not going to see One Nite Stand this Saturday at Prairie Meadows Casino, go see Cleo’s Apartment at The Vaudeville Mews.
Read the full article here