Music, Society, Philosophy, Technology, Design, Art, Film and Coffee
• I play a TM Custom tenor saxophone designed by Randy Jones at Tenor Madness This horn is really special to me and I can't say enough great things about Randy.
• I studied with Greg Banaszak and Bob Reynolds I learned so much from these two guys.
• I manage Guitar Center in West Des Moines. My fourteen-year-old-self can't believe that I work at a music store.
• I was a member of Corey Taylor’s Junk Beer Kidnap Band in 2009. Yes, it was really cool.
• I taught at Muskingum College, Ohio University-Zanesville, Kent State, Hiram College, Cincinnati School for the Creative and Performing Arts, College of Mount St. Joseph, South-Western Community College and Central College between the years of 1997 to 2008. It was a very special time in my life. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to teach.
I’m flying to Chicago today and I have a three hour layover in Milwaukee. Read that sentence again. I could have driven to Chicago in the same amount of time. I’m saving someone some money and I get to relax. I drive a lot. Why drive more? I’ll catch up on some journalling and some reading. I picked up “Every Night’s a Saturday Night” by Bobby Keys. Bobby played saxophone for The Rolling Stones among other bands. When JBKB played “Brown Sugar” in Phoenix in 2009, I played Bobby’s solo note for note. I’m looking forward to learning more about him. I also picked up the current issue of Rolling Stone. Every once in a while I like to catch up on pop culture. I’m going to finish my coffee and let you get back to your day. Safe travels.