Music, Society, Philosophy, Technology, Design, Art, Film and Coffee
• I play a TM Custom tenor saxophone designed by Randy Jones at Tenor Madness This horn is really special to me and I can't say enough great things about Randy.
• I studied with Greg Banaszak and Bob Reynolds I learned so much from these two guys.
• I manage Guitar Center in West Des Moines. My fourteen-year-old-self can't believe that I work at a music store.
• I was a member of Corey Taylor’s Junk Beer Kidnap Band in 2009. Yes, it was really cool.
• I taught at Muskingum College, Ohio University-Zanesville, Kent State, Hiram College, Cincinnati School for the Creative and Performing Arts, College of Mount St. Joseph, South-Western Community College and Central College between the years of 1997 to 2008. It was a very special time in my life. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to teach.
So, what’s going on with me today: I’m back on Twitter after a much needed vacation. It turns out I’ve missed some events like Christian McBride performing in Des Moines. Super bummed about that one. I wasn’t in the loop about the Stone Sour show announcement at Wooly’s. Both shows sold out before I could do anything. I did learn about Bob Reynold’s master class at Rieman’s music on November 3rd and that same night Charlie Hunter is playing at BBC with Amos Lee opening. I’m super excited about that day. I also found out that Branford Marsalis is performing in Ames on November 11th!
In technology, one of my LaCie hard drives stopped working yesterday. The one with my recordings, Native Instruments’ libraries and all things Music Software. Oh well. My saxophone is safe from getting lost on a hard drive.
I’ve bought my ticket and I’m making plans for my trip to The Netherlands and Belgium in January. I’m going to hang with my niece in Utrecht for a week and then meet up with my wife, who is performing at the European Clarinet Festival, in Ghent. I’m taking my tenor and I hope to jam with as many musicians as I can while I am there.
I’m going to get back to practicing. xoxoxo